Aeroball was a game played worldwide in the year 2050. It combined elements of football, boxing, kung-fu and basketball. Most teams played with body armour, the notable exception being the Harlem Heroes, whose lack of armour increased their dexterity.
The steel aeroball itself was filled with helium gas.
Rules[edit | edit source]
- An aeroball team must have a minimum of seven players
- Any player hitting the electrified prods surrounding the score-holes of the tanks would be sent to the penalty pen for three minutes.
- Kicking another player in the back of the neck was a foul.
- 37: A team isn't allowed to bring on substitutes until the squad has been reduced to four players.
- 59: Computronic players must reduce their energy output to human levels during the game.
- Rule change 30 - the Bushido Blades used wooden kendo swords to smash the ball.
- there was 'nothing in the rules' which said that robots can't be used in aeroball.
Notable teams[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Harlem Heroes Part One, 2000AD Prog 1
- Inferno Part One of Forty, 2000AD Prog 36
- Harlem Heroes Part Two, 2000AD Prog 2
- Harlem Heroes Part Three, 2000AD Prog 3
- Harlem Heroes Part Twenty Three, 2000AD Prog 23
- Harlem Heroes Part Twelve, 2000AD Prog 16
- Harlem Heroes Part Twenty Two, 2000AD Prog 22
- Harlem Heroes: Seattle Sluggers, 2000AD Summer Special Supercomic