I'm-Walter-Try-Me was a low-grade model of robot which developed an irritating defect in its speech circuits in the year 2099.
After the war he was granted freedom by Chief Judge Clarence Goodman and awarded a pleasure circuit. He renounced his freedom to become the roboservant of Judge Joe Dredd, against Dredd's wishes.
Dredd did not hesitate to shoot through Walter when a bank robber held the robot hostage.
I'm-Walter-Try-Me was in love with Rowena.
Walter was manufactured by Global Dynamics Corporation (Robotic Division).
A blue print of the droid was published in Mega-Mechanix monthly in March 2100.
Walter was constructed at Space Lab 2 in Luna-1 by the Interglobal Hardware Company, along with his brother, Gus.
- head video screen unit with cybo-optic eyes and instant cine camera was manufactured by Sony
- juke box and tape recorder by Bang and Olufsen
- voice box by British Leymek.
- wrist unit was interchangeable, with tin opener/knife-sharpener, water hose, power scissors and vacuum cleaner (by Hoover) attachments.
- micro wave oven
- synthi-caf dispenser
- washing/drying up unit
- hot and cold air conditioner
- ash tray