- This article is about the Judge Dredd story. For the location, see Academy of Law.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Other Characters
- 3 Locations
- 4 Science and Technology
- 5 Organisations
- 6 Arts and Culture
- 7 References
Dredd arrives at the Academy of Law to assess a rookie. The rookie is the son of the former captain of the Harlem Heroes Aeroball team, Giant Clay. Rookie Judge Giant makes several mistakes while apprehending a futsie and Dredd fails him. However a call comes through on the radio about a kidnapping and Dredd agrees to give him one more chance.
The kidnappers are holed up in the old Harlem Heroes Aeroball stadium. Giant uses a jetpack to rescue the kidnapped boy. Dredd pretends to be about to execute the prisoners but Giant risks his career to stop him. Dredd passes him and he becomes a full judge.
- Dredd is a Judge in Mega-City One. He patrols the streets and dispenses justice with total impartiality. He IS the Law.
- Griffin is the principal at the Academy of Law
- Although not directly named here, this is presumably Chief Judge Goodman
- Gibson is one of the cadets listed on the honour roll of '79, along with Dredd
- Alvin is one of the names listed as lost in action, Presumably this refers to Judge Alvin who was killed by 'Whitey' Logan
Cadets Hunt & Wagner
- Cadet Hunt & Cadet Wagner are both listed on the honour roll of '79.
Mills, Moore & Steele
- Mills, Moore and Steele are all listed as lost in action, along with Alvin.
Cadet Bobbie Smith
- Cadet Bobbie Smith is seen being taken on as a cadet at the start of his journey towards becoming a Judge.
- Mrs. Smith is Cadet Smith's tearful mother.
- Happy Harry is a Futsie that Giant tries to take down during his assessment.
- Giant is Rookie Giant's father. A great player in his time, and indeed, Rookie Giant uses a statue of his father to break his fall after leaping from his bike.
- Louis was a member of the Harlem Heroes Aeroball team. There is a statue of him in the Heroes Bowl.
- Academy of Law
- Enrolment Centre
- Nixon Plaza
- Mars (mentioned)
- Mercury (mentioned)
- Sector 3
Science and Technology
Arts and Culture
Mega-City One Penal Code
- Space Hop